Friday 22 March 2019

Kids Heart Banner "Jesus Loves Me" - Easy tutorial


A Heart Banner for the PreSchool Age Sunday School Class.


Basically something simple & quick to make and does not need too many materials.

 "Jesus Loves Me" banner.


I first made this as a Valentine Heart Banner



MATERIALS REQUIRED

Computer
Printer
White A4 card
Remnants of Ribbon
Staples/Glue
Scissors


STAGE 1

Firstly you need to download the FREE PRINTABLE

It consists of pictures of hearts with letters inside them.

Some of the letters are repeated in the phrase so you do not have have every single letter simply print some off twice.





STAGE 2

This depends on how large you actually want your letters to be.

I felt for the smaller room that it would be big enough to have each heart less than the size of an A6 card so that meant that I could have 5 to each A4 card


Then I used Powerpoint to set out the letters I needed on an A4 sized slide and printed out all the letters involved including 3 blank hearts - never waste space and they can always be used later if not needed now.



STAGE 3

The cutting out was the most tedious part but I normally do that while I'm watching something on TV so not so bad and of course never waste time.




STAGE 4

I hunted through all my remnants of ribbon to see if I would have enough pieces to put together to form a long ribbon to which I could attach all the hearts

Thank goodness I have a long kitchen table.




STAGE 5

Then I chose the thicker longer ribbon but I could have used the thinner off white ribbon pieces and glued them together to make it long enough.

There were 3 reasons for choosing the thicker ribbon
1.  long enough without having to piece lengths together
2.  thick enough to not have to be so precise with the glue
3.  it was actually decorated with little hearts too

So I placed all the letters carefully alongside to get the right spacing before pressing each letter against the glue dots on the roll of dots.



Each heart got some glue in two places (the tops of the curves)




Before I pressed them all unto the ribbon.

As you can see I used glue dots because they make this type of thing so easy, neater & much quicker than using my glue gun.






If you would like to try out this Easy Banner Craft then you can download a pdf of the hearts for the Preschool size shown above by clicking on  Easy Heart Banner (Small)

And if you would like to make a larger one for an older group then you can download the pictures by clicking on  Easy Heart Banner Pics (Any Size)

Don't forget to let me know if you try it out.





Posted on by Sandra @ Sandra's Ark | No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment